In today’s world, sustainable architecture is not an alien concept as people are coming closer to the environment. The concept just implies the use of environmentally conscious design techniques in the field of architecture. Green architecture is an approach to building that minimizes the harmful effects on human health and the environment. The “green” architect attempts to safeguard air, water and earth by choosing eco-friendly building materials and construction practices.
The idea of green architect emerge when some of the few prominent researchers and architects realized that very soon all the all-natural resources are going to run dry. The terms green buildings or green architecture are also used in place of sustainable architecture to promote the importance of sustainable architecture. Environmental experts have laid down some basic elements for a better understanding and sustainable architecture promotion.
Advantages of Green Architecture:
- These buildings use energy efficient lights.
- Bring higher resale value.
- Green buildings are easier to maintain.
- Provides indoor environmental quality enhancement.
- These buildings do not emit pollutant in any way.
- Have a method of recycling waste products.
- Provide healthy environment for people living in these buildings.
- These buildings have ventilation system designed for efficient cooling.
These buildings reduce the energy bills and also provide a healthy environment to live in. These buildings are also popularly known as eco-homes and are very expensive. With growing demands for eco-friendly homes, the property builders are taking initiative in building with innovation. Therefore, look for ways to improve the environment and buy homes that are as “green” as possible.